Section 391.11 of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations (FMCSR) states that you must meet certain minimum requirements in order to operate a commercial motor vehicle (CMV). These qualifications are as follows:
- Must be 21 years old;
- Must be able to read and speak English well enough to converse, understand traffic signs, respond to official inquiries and fillout required forms and reports;
- Must have experience or training to safely operate the type of equipment you drive;
- must have passed and be issued a certificate of Driver’s road test;
- Must provide your employer a list of any violations for which you have been convicted in the last 12 months;
- Must not be disqualified to drive a CMV; and
- Must have a valid operator’s license for the class of vehicle being operated.
You must also be able to determine whether the cargo you transport is pro[erly loaded, distributed and secured.
As stated in 49 CFR Part 391 Subpart E you must pass a physical examination and have a medical examiners report and certificate in your possession. Gresham Transfer must also keep a copy of the medical certificate in your driver qualification file.
Section 391.41 Subpart E of the FMCSR lists the physical characteristics that will disqualify you from driving a CMV. Your medical examiner will be familiar with these limits and will discuss them with you if necessary. You must also be familiar with these physical characteristics and inform the company of any changes in your health that may prohibit you from qualifying to drive.
Thank you for applying with Gresham Transfer.
- Age 21 or older
- Eligible for employment in the United States
- Valid Class “A” Commercial Drivers License
- Able to speak and read English
- All Criminal convictions will be reviewed
- No DUI/DUII convictions will be reviewed
- No reckless/careless/negligent driving convictions in the the past 5 years
What you will need to complete the application
Due to DOT regulations you are required to provide specific information in order to start processing your application. Before you begin the application make sure you have the following information.
- Current driver’s license number and expiration date
- Complete employment history for the past 3 years and all DOT regulated driving jobs in the past 10 years including
- Employers Name
- Address (street, city, state, zip code)
- Phone number
- Contact name
- Dates of employment
Thank you for taking the time to complete the Gresham Transfer driver application. We look forward to having you as part of our team.