History

Providing the Best Service Availableframed image

With trucks based in Wood Village, Baker City, Bend, Eugene, Albany, Hermiston, OR, Kent and Pasco, WA. Gresham Transfer continues to expand its services and territory with the goal of providing the best service available in the dry bulk and heavy haul market.

1922

Gresham Civic Leader Burton Walrad founds the company. The first commodities hauled were local freight and
strawberries. The company’s Public Utility Commission (PUC) #12, assigned at that time, is Oregong’s oldest active PUC number.

1970

Derald Ulmer purchases Gresham Transfer. The threat of deregulation looming, Derald began searching for a specialty niche within the transportation industry for the company.

1973

Gresham Transfer purchased their first dry bulk truck. The bulk fleet was born.

1978

The company moved to a location with a larger yard and new terminal to grow on NE 122nd.

1981

Gresham Transfer purchased Widing Transportation. The acquisition doubled the size of the business and operations, added a heavy haul division, and created a presence in the Seattle, WA area.

1989

Gresham Transfer purchased K-Lines of Portland Oregon; almost doubling the size of business again.

1996

Fedderly Marion, a Seatte Washington based dry bulk carrier, was acquired increasing operations in the Puget Sound area.

Current

Gresham Transfer has 120 trucks and 160 employees.

 

contact us 1-33